Thursday, August 7, 2008

Variety Thursday: What's on the internet

Something I know very little about: 'Trolls' and 'trolling': Here. Kind of sad.

"The Olympic Games will be played out on Facebook, YouTube and Flickr whether we like it or not. We need to engage, not disengage, with them," said Balfour.
Very wise. Check out the story here.

"Cirque du Soleil was formed in 1984 by Laliberte and fellow street performers in Quebec. Since then, it has grown into a sprawling global operation that plans to put on 18 separate shows on four continents this year." Now investors from Dubai own 20%. I know someone who dances for CdS (she is an amazing breakdancer!). Check out that story here. Another one of our clients, Centennial College, has a program in Dubai. Dubai seems to me like a strange desert kingdom being assembled from scratch, all hubris and glory.

Two of my favorite "affordable" art sites: 20 x 200 and Lumas. My favorite Lumas photographer is Juho Kuva. These sites are also possibly worth your consideration as successful digital models for connecting art to consumers/audience. Aren't these iterations on iTunes/ youtube/ etc. ? Don't they lead me to artists I never knew existed? Now I know Juho Kuva's name and one day may possibly own some of his work.

No comments: